Industrias Murtra’s management considers that excellent administration of all its processes and resources is a lever for creating value for people: Shareholders, customers, employees and other stakeholders
Industrias Murtra’s model for creating value is based on sustainable, equitable growth committed to Customer Satisfaction, compliance with its legal, regulatory, environmental and occupational health and safety requirements and on the Management of the Chain of Custody.
As a way of expressing our commitment to quality, INDUSTRIAS MURTRA, S.A., has a Quality Management System, “QMS”, developed in accordance with the ISO 9001 Standard: 2015. To confirm compliance with all the requirements for this standard, reviewing and certification of the QMS will be performed regularly by means of the organization LRQA.
The Quality Policy aims to contribute to Industrias Murtra’s sustainable growth model in the field of its culture of excellence and procedures with quality management.
INDUSTRIAS MURTRA, S.A.’s management is committed to leading the development and implementation of this Quality Policy, through a strategic planning process with quantifiable objectives. These are reviewed annually at the QMS follow-up meeting, attended by all the heads of each company department.
BASIC PRINCIPLES FOR ACTION
Industrias Murtra’s management supports and coordinates compliance with this Quality Policy through:
- Understanding customers’ and other stakeholders’ explicit and implicit expectations, to deliver products to their full satisfaction by developing and allocating the resources necessary to achieve them.
- Integration of suppliers, staff and customers into a single service chain, and it sets the work of preventing defects, reducing the variation of processes and products and minimizing waste as a priority to do this. Internal product audits are established to guarantee a correct quality policy in all the areas of the company involved to this end.
- Confirming the effectiveness of the action by personalized attention, speed of service, product quality and customer specificity. The processes and resources are identified and managed within an Integrated Management System.
- Continuous improvement as a foundation for permanence, efficiency, effectiveness, performance and guarantee of competitiveness. Implementation of the Japanese “5S” methodology, used to keep the work areas more organized, operational, safe and clean, following the continuous improvement philosophy (Kaizen).
- The respect for and awareness of the implications that carrying out all its activities has on prevention for the environment, preservation of the environment and responsible management of natural resources is expressed in an Environmental Policy.
- Monitoring of workers’ rights and compliance with the social, health and safety requirements in force at any given time.
- Encouraging involvement and collaboration of all levels of the organization through teamwork, information fluency, internal communication and training, as well as recognition of achievements. The Policy is communicated to all workers for this in order to develop an awareness and responsibility in the Quality of all processes, products, services and training of our staff.
Industrias Murtra’s management:
- Declares, following FSC® and PEFC references, that it is not involved either directly or indirectly in the following activities:
- Illegal logging or illegal marketing of timber or forestry products.
- Violation of human and traditional rights in forestry operations.
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations.
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or land with non-forestry uses
- The introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations.
- Violation of any of the ILO Fundamental Conventions as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998.
- Is committed to implementing and monitoring proper compliance with the social, health and safety requirements defined in Law 1/1995, of 24 March, the “Law on the Statute of Workers”, in force in Spain.
- Advocates supporting suppliers in improving their management system. External audits are complemented for review and assessment of our suppliers, so that quality, environment, health and safety policies are respected in all areas in accordance with INDUSTRIAS MURTRA, S.A.’s QMC.
- Encourages improvement of qualification through staff training.